Monday, February 6, 2012

Welcome

Welcome to Southern Illinois Community Newspapers in the Digital Age. I wrote a blog for two years while a newspaper group publisher in upstate New York and I enjoyed it so much I decided to repeat the experience in my new role as a regional publisher for GateHouse Media in Southern Illinois.

My goals:
  • To share my reflections on the transformation of what was traditionally known as the "newspaper industry" but is so much more in the digital age.
  • Introduce new developments at our many publications.
  • Signal out our employees for their hard work and unique contributions.
  • Demystify the newspaper business. For instance, despite "common knowledge" indicating otherwise ... newspaper audiences are reaching all-time highs across print, Web and mobile platforms. More on this in future blogs.
  • And occasionally report on observations of life in our local communities.
Please bookmark this site and to paraphrase Illinois' own Al Capone, return to this blog early and often.

No comments:

Post a Comment